DeKalb County has been chosen by many distribution companies because of the excellent highway system that runs through and near the county. There are 208 miles of state highways and 42 miles of interstate highways in DeKalb County, including Interstate 59 which runs through the county.
Major Interstates and Highways in DeKalb County:
- Interstate 59
- U.S. Highway 11
- Alabama Highway 7
- Alabama Highway 35
- Alabama Highway 40
- Alabama Highway 68
- Alabama Highway 75
- Alabama Highway 117
- Alabama Highway 227
- Alabama Highway 168
Distance to major Interstate and US Highways:
- Interstate 24: 37 miles
- Interstate 75: 55 miles
- Interstate 65: 87 miles
- US Highway 431: 32 miles
- US Highway 72: 28 miles
- Alabama Highway 35 has been turned into a four-lane highway from Rainsville to Scottsboro, Alabama, where it intersects with US Highway 72. This provides a four-lane access to Memphis, TN.
- Continued development of Alabama Highway 75 into a four-lane highway from Albertville, AL to Trenton, GA.
- A new Interstate 59 interchange, Exit 224, is complete.
- US Highway 11 in North Fort Payne is a five-lane highway from Interstate 59 Exit 222 to Exit 224.
- For more information about future and ongoing projects click on the Alabama Department of Transportation North Region website.
|New Orleans, LA||393|